Wednesday, July 22, 2015

This is 40

It happened.  I have turned 40.  I'm still working my way through the 40 Acts, but it felt like this occasion deserved reflection.

The actual day was everything I had hoped it would be: full of friends and family, good food, free-flowing beverages, and some very very very bad karaoke.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will share some of the photos that have been shared with me...






Selfie station!
My Uncle Steve spent all day cooking Mr. Porky here.  

My SisterFriends took such good care of all the little details!


Sister Friend Heidi made a slew of owl lanterns to beautify things.
This is the "Miss Rhonda" owl, on account of her blue eyes and sparkly tiara.
Sister Friend Meldy made these ADORABLE owl cupcakes.
They tasted even better than they looked.

In addition to doing almost all the party set up,
 My Mom made this beautiful photo book.  

Did I mention there was a bouncy house?

My backyard was completely transformed.
(Thanks, Amy for the great photos!)

This happened.
And this.

The CIA Girls were in full effect!



Making an extra big Birthday Wish.


Honestly, I think I expected to feel different once it was all said and done.  But, aside from a little headache from too much drink and too little sleep, I felt like the same ol' Rhonda.

The next morning, I found these little messages at the selfie station...


In the week since turning 40, I have come to realize that I am anything but the same ol' Rhonda.  I barely recognize the person I was just a few short years ago.  This is a good thing.

I couldn't wish for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment